Digital Learning Lab: Downloading media files
Downloading media files:
The Digital Learning Lab contains many media files. Some are password protected, so you may need to enter your username and password (for the "streaming server"), provided by your instructor, somewhere in the process. Once in, follow these steps if you would prefer to download the files (instead of just playing them):
- Go to the Digital Learning Lab site: lss.wisc.edu/digital-learning-lab
- Find and click on the link for your course.
- Scroll down past the text listing to arrive at the media files.
- There are two options next:
- Choose the "Download (RSS / iTunes)" tab and click on the format you prefer.
- Hold down the Alt key (PC) or the option key (Mac) while you click on the link. Your browser may handle the download differently. You may have a "Save As" dialog box appear. Navigate to an appropriate directory or drive and click the Save button. Otherwise, do what you normally do to find items you've downloaded.
If you're wondering about media players, please see our media players guide. Your computer will use a default player. This guide has links to other options.
Streaming media files:
Streaming is a way to listen or watch your media without downloading it, directly on the web. Please see these steps to stream