Only instructors and group managers may add members to their groups.
Go to the members area for your group
- Log in with your NetID at https://courses.lss.wisc.edu/
- In the "My Groups" box on the right hand side of the page, click on the name of one of your groups
- Click on the Members icon to see a list of current members for your group
Adding a new user to Collaborative Sites
Most of the time, you'll be adding an entirely new user to Collaborative Sites:
- In top right hand corner, click gray add user button
- In the form, enter student's netid into USERNAME field. The username must be a valid UW Madison NetID for access to Collaborative Sites. Here's an example to help you determine the NetID:
(use this for the Collaborative Sites USERNAME field)
|@wisc.edu e-mail address
(Use this for the Collaborative Sites e-mail address field)
(not needed to add a user to Collaborative Sites)
- Enter the student's @wisc.edu email address into the E-MAIL fields
- Optionally, add a personal welcome message
- In the "Groups" box, check the box(es) next to the appropriate group names to add the new user to those groups.
- Click "Add" at the bottom of the page
You should see a success message at the top of the page indicating that the account has been created and that a notification message has been sent.
>> Seeing red boxes? <<
Note - If red boxes appear around the Username and email address fields, the student is an existing Collaborative Sites user. This means that they are using Collaborative Sites in a different course. Follow the steps to add an existing user, below.
Adding an existing user to Collaborative Sites
The "Add existing users" allows you to quckly add an existing Collaborative Sites user into your group. This works only for users that are already members of other Collaborative Sites groups.
- Go to the members area for one of your groups
- In the "Add existing users" box, enter the student's NetID into the USERNAME field. The username must be a valid UW Madison NetID for access to Collaborative Sites.
- Click "Add to group"