LSS supports two computer labs in Van Hise that are available for instructional use by timetable courses in the College of Letters & Science.
To request a reservation, please visit our reservations page.
All of our classroom computer labs feature:
- Projector and screen
- Headphones - for listening to digital audio
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet access with Mozilla Firefox
- Skype: Voice/Video/Chat communication software
- Audacity: Audio recording and editing software
- Foreign Language Support: All of the Microsoft complex and right-to-left fonts have been installed. Students have access to the Microsoft keyboards for language-specific input.
250 Van Hise
250 Van Hise is ideal for individual work, in class chats, presentations, and testing (including listening and speaking exams). It also works well for general instructional lab activities.
- Mac Minis + 22" LCD monitors
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6
- Video: DVD Player, Multi-standard VCR, webcams on all computers
- Audio: Audio Receiver, Sound System, Headphone / Microphone Combos for listening and recording digital audio
- Other: Overhead projector for transparencies, tiered seating, dry erase board (bring your own markers, please)
274 Van Hise
The open floor plan of 274 Van Hise makes this a good lab for classes where the instructor wants to move around and interact with students.
- Macbook Pro laptops
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.9
- Video: webcams on all computers
- Audio: Headphone / Microphone Combos for listening and recording digital audio
- Other: Overhead projector for transparencies, small dry-erase board (bring your own markers, please)