In response to campus guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Learning Support Services facilities are operating at a minimized capacity. Services including Administration, Educational & Technology Consulting, AV Pool & Media Collection, and the TechZone are still available by phone and email. Please see the tabbed content below for more information.
Last updated: 8/24/2020, 3:00 pm CT
- Van Hise Hall
- Educational & Technology Consulting
- AV Pool & Media Collection
- Room Reservations
- Administration & General Inquiries
Monday – Friday: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed: Saturday & Sunday
Hours are subject to change
Facility Manager Floors 1-14 | Erika Schock
Fall 2020 Support for Instructional Continuity
The Educational & Technology Consulting team is working with L&S Administration and the campus Instructional Continuity team to provide coordinated support to all L&S Departments. A “batch leader” has been assigned to work with your departmental Chairperson and CoIP team to organize the support resources needed. Please contact your batch lead for support.
- L&S Remote Teaching Toolkit (Fall 2020)
- Teaching During a Disruptive Event (Spring 2020)
- UW-Madison Instructional Continuity
- Facilities for Recording & Synchronous Teaching
Instructional Technology Support
The LSS Education & Technology Consulting team is primarily focused on instructional continuity efforts during the Fall 2020 semester. If you have instructional support needs that extend beyond this semester, please see a summary of our services and contact us.
The TechZone’s physical office in Room 274B of Van Hise Hall remains closed for walk-ins, but our staff are available by phone and email to assist you remotely. If we are not able to resolve your issue remotely, we will schedule socially-distanced equipment pick-up and drop-off and troubleshoot in our private work areas.
- AV Pool equipment is available for checkout by request. Please email AVPOOL@LSS.WISC.EDU for more information.
- Media Collection Streaming Services continue to be available remotely. Please use our Streaming Media Request Form. Previously-streamed items can generally be available within a few days, and newly-digitized items within 2 weeks.
Facilities for Instructional Recordings and Synchronous Video Courses are available. See COVID-19 Resources for more information.
Access to Van Hise Seminar rooms and LSS Computer Labs (250 and 274) is currently suspended.
Please see the KB document on supported tools to conduct remote classes and meetings: https://kb.wisc.edu/45390
The InfoLab will be closed until further notice. InfoLabs at College and Memorial Libraries are available.