L&S LSS provides pre-production, principal-production, and post-production services and facilities for instructional audio & video projects. Fees apply for professional services, but we offer self-service options whenever possible.
Faculty, staff, and graduate teaching assistants working on instructional projects in the College of Letters & Science.
By appointment. Please allow at least 2-weeks notice when requesting the 248 Studio. The video studio is not available for self-service.
High-quality audio and video that meets broadcast standards tends to have a longer useful life, lends consistency from lecture to lecture, and generally contributes to the quality of the student experience.
A sample portfolio of projects can be found at: L&S Learning Support Services on YouTube
An initial consultation and an orientation are required for first-time users of our studio space or when checking out production kits.
Tell us more about your needs and goals, and schedule a consultation to talk through options and view our facilities and equipment.
Make an Appointment
Self-Service Audio Studio
If you’ve used the Audio Studio previously, or are confident you’d like to use our self-service audio recording studio, fill out our request form.
Reserve Audio Studio
Facilities & Equipment
Audio STUDIO 248
- Lecture recording workstation (Retina iMac & Screenflow for Mac)
- Zoom H6n recorder
- Studio Projects large diaphragm condenser microphones (Pair)
- Sound isolated booth
- 4K document camera
Field Production Video Kit
- Canon XA10 HD camcorder (10x optical zoom)
- Sennheiser EW 100 G3 wireless lavalier microphone
- Lightweight tripod with fluid video head
- High capacity batteries (~200 minutes)
- Over-the-ear noise isolating headphones
Video STUDIO 368
The heart of L&S studio production is 368 Van Hise Hall. This is a relatively flexible environment that can accommodate multi-camera recordings, live streams, webinars, lecture recordings, interviews, and podcast sessions.
- Blackmagic HD Studio Cameras (3)
- ATEM Blackmagic Design video switcher
- Retina iMac workstation
- Black background/acoustic curtains
Field Production DSLR Filmmaker Kit
- Canon T6i DSLR (includes two extra batteries)
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- Canon 18-55mm Zoom Lens (Max aperture f/5.6)
- Compatible with EF and EF-S lenses
- RodeLink RX wireless microphone system