Computer security is one of the foremost concerns of the College of Letters & Science. The campus Security Baseline project (2012-2014) and updates in the campus data security policies have put an increased emphasis on the security of our computers, servers and email.
L&S Learning Support Services offers a variety of security services.
Faculty, Instructional Staff, Teaching Assistants, and Departments
291b Van Hise Hall
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and by appointment
If you need assistance with security questions or plans, contact Sue Weier.
LSS Techzone Security
The LSS TechZone supports desktop computers and servers in approximately 20 L&S departments. Workstations in TechZone-managed departments are monitored daily for viruses and malware, patched bi-weekly, and scanned for restricted data each month. We use software offered by the central campus to keep the computers fully-patched, compliant with campus IT policies, and safe from intrusion.
A security consultant is available to all L&S departments, centers and institutes for:
- reviewing software solutions and current practices in the College of Letters & Science.
- answering questions about restricted and sensitive data handling.
- providing security presentations for your group or department
- assisting with digital intrusions and incidents
- acting as a liaison with DoIT.
Campus IT Policies
Information about UW-Madison campus IT policies can be found at https://it.wisc.edu/about/office-of-the-cio/it-policies. Individual faculty and staff are responsible for meeting the IT policies, including the following:
- securing their credentials and using resources in appropriate manner (Responsible Use)
- keeping networkable devices fully patched and up-to-date (Electronic Devices)
- using strong passwords (Password Standard)
- using good data management to eliminate unneeded sensitive and restricted data. (Data Classification, Data Management)